Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Patience, my dear.

Today was an exercise in patience for me.  Starting with my morning, my day seemed to be taunting me. From my (constantly lost) keys that seem to have a personal vendetta against me, to my personal favourite, spilling my lunch in my purse (don't ask why I carry my lunch in my purse). After the lunch in the purse incident, it was downhill from there.  I'll spare you the gruesome details, but I had to exercise constant patience and compassion today.  I had no choice and I literally felt like I had to swallow the swear words I wanted to spit out in front of me, for everyone to see.  I kept on repeating phrases like 'breathe' and 'stay calm,' 'just wait' and 'don't judge.'  I now understand why so many mothers are such patient, kind people. I also understand why so many mothers are not patient, kind people.

Who deserves some patience in your life? Is there a friend, family member, or stranger that you could count to 10 and let the steam out of your ears for? If it's not a person, what about a situation in you life? From the grocery store lineup to your significant other coming home late, practicing some patience can help you and someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment