Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hot hot heat

This just in....i am sick of sweating 24/7.
In other news, friends make everything better.

I saw some of my amazing friends today and I am always amazed how great things seem when you have a friend (or four) around.  I saw them for just a short period of time, but I always walk away saying to myself "why the Hell don't I dot this more often?" I always have some sort of excuse from being too tired, to being too busy, to needing to brush my cats teeth.  In all seriousness, friends really do make everything better and tend to put things in perspective.  I'm the kind of person that has a few extremely close friends and I love it that way.  I know everything about my sistas from anotha motha and they know everything about me.

I also have to give people that are opposite to me, major credit.  How someone can be a socialite and find friendship in a mass of people, astounds me.  Maybe I don't have the confidence or the know-how, but I tip my Chanel hat to you folks who are.

What friends in your life could use a quick phone call? If you don't have time for a phone call, what about a text? A hug? A coffee date? Chances are, they will be just as happy to hear from you, as you would be to hear from them.

This heatwave has really started to get to me.  I can't scratch my head without sweating and frankly, sweating profusely is not a good look for me.  When I was in New York, I was more than happy to sweat from parts of my body that I thought were impossible.  But now that I'm back home and know people in my city, it's not exactly convenient.  I also find it really frustrating that everything reminds me of New York, even the act of sweating.  Although the dewey look is always sexy, I would not describe this heat as "dewey inducive."  I would describe this heat as "sweat from the bottom of your feet and earlobes" inducive. Bet you didn't even know your earlobes could sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment